Bute is a wonderful place to live. It genuinely is a lovely environment for raising kids or retiring or just working from home .
Here are some good reasons to base yourself here:
- Glasgow is commutable – only 90 mins on ferry and train into Central Station.
- There are 3 good primary schools and a relatively new (2009) secondary school. Pre-school provision is excellent.
- The crime rate is negligible.
- Property prices have risen since the days of £10,000 flats but are still good value compared to the mainland.
- The islanders are very friendly and welcoming.
If you are thinking of moving to Bute or are after a holiday house have a browse through the listings of the local Estate Agents using the links below.