Bute is a wonderful place to live. It genuinely is a lovely environment for raising kids or retiring or just working from home .
Here are some good reasons to base yourself here:
- Glasgow is commutable – only 90 mins on ferry and the train takes you into Central Station.
- There are 3 good primary schools and a relatively new (2009) secondary school. Pre-school provision is excellent.
- The crime rate is negligible.
- Property prices have risen since the days of £10,000 flats but are still good value compared to the mainland.
- The islanders are very friendly and welcoming.
Did you know that we have our very own radio station here on the island? We do. It's been keeping us entertained for nearly 10 years now. It's called Bute Island Radio and it's run entirely by volunteers (and supported by some superstar sponsors!) for the community....
There are many ways to get to Bute, but one of the most glamorous would have to be by private plane! Bute actually has its own airstrip! This little strip of grass lies neatly between fields down at the south of the island, near the Kingarth Hotel It's a short runway...
Make your holiday to Bute as hassle-free as possible by streamlining your ticket purchases. With trains leaving Glasgow Central station regularly, coming to Bute by train is a fantastic option for you to consider if you don't have a car (or just want to leave the car...